Are you in the market for the perfect fitness coach to help get your fitness journey off the ground? You have come to the right place! We know the fitness game and will make sure you do too!
Let’s see how we can help you find the best fitness coaches in Chennai!
What To Look For In A Fitness Coach
First, what is your idea of a good fitness coach? The ultimate gym bro, ripped, built like a tank, capable of giving The Rock a run for his money? Someone that promises you magical results in 90 days, snake oil thrown in for free?
Nope! This is NOT what you must look for in a qualified fitness coach.
Here’s what you should be looking for
- Training: The coach received their training and certification from a legitimate sports/gym organization and is well-versed in the basic concepts and methodologies involved in exercising fitness, and muscle building.
- Experience: Your coach should have experience in the fitness sector. They must also have worked with dozens of people just like you. Only then will they be in a position to understand your unique needs and help you accomplish your exercise goals.
- Personal: Whether you are just starting your fitness journey or resuming it after a long gap, you deserve empathy, care, and mindfulness from your chosen coach. Never settle for less.
- Flexibility: Can the personal trainer / coach train you during evenings or weekends? Do they give you home workout routines to follow, when you are travelling and unable to visit the gym?
The fitness coach you select in Chennai should know the science behind fitness, the emotion behind your goals, and practical ways to make your fitness dreams come true.
How to choose a personal trainer or fitness coach in Chennai
Most (if not all) fitness centres and gyms in Chennai should already have their own qualified fitness trainers. We highly recommend you research a good gym and its trainers. Coaches from competent establishments can help you get used to the place, and its equipment and access all its features correctly. They should also have a conversation with you about your goals, and your current fitness levels and give you detailed programming to follow. can also easily A good trainer will also oversee your workouts throughout the time you spend there and help you connect with other gym goers.
The ideal way to know if a coach is right for you is to book a couple of trial sessions with them. This way, you can see if their equipment is of good quality and if the coach knows their stuff!
To find the right professional fitness coach or personal trainer near you, here are some key points to bear in mind:
- What kind of fitness routine exercises are you looking for? Heavy on the cardio Weight loss or strength training? Or are you keen on a getting a weight loss diet plan to help you lose weight?
- What is your budget? Any personal trainers you may bring from outside often charge you a hefty bill at the end of the month. In contrast, a quality gym offers a reasonable subscription model that will suit your budget. They also provide in-house fitness coaches. Some amazing gyms also give their members access to their features, trainers, and contacts without asking them to pay extra.
- Do you have any medical conditions? Or any physical limitations? Ask the fitness consultant at your preferred gym how they can customize your workouts to help you accomplish important fitness goals without compromising your medical status.
- How is your diet currently structured? Are there any specific daily requirements? Do you have food allergies, for example? A qualified nutrition coach will be available in quality gyms, even virtually, as part of the gym’s network. Talk to them about your diet and any dietary changes that will be demanded of you as you start a new workout routine.
- Aside from the gym being certified and reputable, the fitness professional assigned to you should also have experience and certification. Be sure to ask after those. Don’t be shy!
Prepare a set of questions that encompass all the above points, and anything else you feel may be relevant. Make sure you get these answered by the fitness coach or trainer assigned to you. Then, pose those questions to an authoritative figure working at your preferred gym or directly to the fitness professional assigned to you.
Your coach, too, will (should!) take the time to ask you a set of queries. Such interactions are designed to help both you and your fitness coach gain a mutual understanding and help them design a training program. After all, trust and familiarity are essential advantages for anyone who wants to work with qualified fitness coaches in Chennai, India, or abroad.
What makes a great fitness coach
This is your body we’re talking about, so don’t hesitate to ask polite but pertinent questions to verify important facts about your fitness coach.
Remember that your fitness trainer must
- Motivate you.
- Hold you accountable.
- Share everything you need to know regarding a select exercise routine.
- Check your form as you perform an exercise and see if you are doing it properly. Otherwise, you might end up injuring yourself or not making the most of your gym time.
- Adapt to your personal or specific needs and customize your workout routines accordingly.
A great fitness coach is knowledgeable, and empathetic, and can and should adapt a session to suit your distinct requirements.
What makes the Quad’s coaches and trainers different from the rest
Coaches at The Quad come with years of experience handling and performing every exercise they teach. Here are all the reasons why our fitness coaches may be the ones you’re looking for:
- Our training – every single coach on the rolls, (known as the Quad Squad!) has been trained and certified by world-renowned organizations and training bodies. StrongFirst, NESTA, ACE, GGS, Precision Nutrition, The Quad Academy – industry leaders that provide rigorous training, and our coaches and trainers undergo them before being allowed to coach. Between them, they also have training in different methodologies as wide-ranging as MovNat and GroundForce to AnimalFlow. In-person or online coaching, group sessions or one-on-one personal training, our fitness coaches and personal fitness trainers are super experienced in meeting the needs of our clients.
- Our approach – At the Quad, we put people – our clients – first. Regardless of your age, your fitness background, and your limitations, our coaches come with the proper knowledge and necessary experience to inspire you while also holding you accountable.
- Our ethos – “just show up”, we tell our clients, “and we will take care of the rest”. And that’s what we do, day after day. We put in all the work – formulating a comprehensive coaching curriculum, varying the routine to keep them fresh and interesting, and ensuring our clients get a good background knowledge of why they are doing what they are doing – so our clients don’t have to.
- Our team – we aren’t for resting on our laurels. We train constantly to remain on top of the game. We update ourselves constantly so we are aware of what is happening in the fitness industry. We train regularly with coaches in India and abroad and learn from visiting coaches, so our clients get the best guidance there is.
- Our M.O – form is King, at The Quad. We watch our clients like hawks, so even in a group of 20+ trainees, no one is left unguided. Performing an exercise with the correct form will help reduce or eliminate any chance of injury and we are sticklers when it comes to form!
There you have it! The comprehensive data on what to look for while selecting a fitness coach in Chennai, and elsewhere. The first step is the hardest. But remember that staying consistent with your fitness programs and exercise routines can prove mighty rewarding.
If you want to become a part of The Quad’s community, contact us today. Our coaches will help you to stay consistent with your training and focus on long-term strength rather than short-term aesthetics. And just as importantly, will help you fall in love with fitness!