Myth-Busting & Must-Know Points About Strength Training Exercises For Women & Men
Fact is, there is no age limit for strength training. You can begin your fitness journey
when you’re young, middle-aged, or even during your wiser years.
The goal of fitness coaches should be to create a safe space for people to understand and customise their strength training exercises to suit realistic purposes and attain practical goals. And, that’s what we do at The Quad.
What is Strength Training
Strength training is the most effective way to improve your health.
There are different ways to perform strength training exercises. Good news is, age is not an obstacle.
- Strength training has become so integral that it has earned a place in almost every exercise program today.
- Strength training also goes by other names: weight training, athletic training, and resistance training.
- Exercises under strength training involve the use of specific gym equipment like kettlebells, resistance bands, and dumbbells to help you perform core exercise routines.
- Basic push, pull, hinge, and squat routines improve your strength, heighten your endurance, and build muscle mass.
- Strength training can be intricately customised to suit the needs of different women and men, regardless of age or circumstance.
- For instance, you can strengthen only select parts of your body, go for a comprehensive weight loss program, or perform strength training for ADL purposes.
Strength training helps you – perform daily routines with more ease. It makes you better and stronger for everyday activities.including lifting, pulling, bending, and pushing. This extends to –
With strength training, you can prevent aches, pains, cramps, and catches, which often afflict those who don’t perform any exercise at all. Thanks to strength training, you can move things around with ease, get things done at your pace, and play with your kids and grandkids as often as you’d like without worrying about muscle pains.
What do you need to get started?
There is no pre-set plan or format that works for all. Your training plan should be designed to suit your fitness needs and goals. What you need most is to speak to a certified trainer or coach before you begin lifting weights.
Here are some of the equipment you may be asked to use:
- Resistance Bands – Rubber bands with high stretch value that provide excellent resistance.
- Suspension Equipment – Devices comprising straps or ropes attached to a sturdy point that help you use your body weight and gravity.
- Free Weights – Portable exercise equipment, like kettlebells, barbells, medicine balls, and dumbbells.
- Weight Machines – Relies on hydraulics, adjustable weights, or a combination of the two. Helps provide your muscles with adequate stress and resistance.
- Body Weight – Yes, your own body is a form of gym equipment designed for strength training. Exercise routines include lunges, squats, pullups, pushups, and planks.
Strength training aims to tense various muscles or muscle groups so that neuromuscular adaptations are stimulated, resulting in muscle growth and strength gain. We are not referring to muscle building, mind you. That requires a different gym exercise structure altogether. Instead, strength training here references the need for practical self-reliable exercise routines that are sustainable long-term plans.
Why do you need to strength train?
At -fitness training centres in Chennai, like The Quad, you’ll receive one-on-one attention from qualified fitness trainers who consider your age, limitations, if any and physical requirements before designing a strength training routine around them. You will also receive critical nutrition -advice to help you optimise your fitness and strength training.
Strength makes you better at life!
- Whether you are 10-year-old or 60-year-old, strength training taught by qualified experts can transform your life.
- What do we mean by that? It means you get to physically accomplish or execute different kinds of daily activities without depending on others to do them for you or worrying about consequences like aches, pulls, catches, and pains once you perform those activities yourself.
- Strength training is like quality homemade food. Its health value cannot be underestimated.
- By effectively building and strengthening your muscles, strength training can help you become capable of handling your own affairs.
- To offer a simple example, imagine being able to lift your child or grandchild easily and how amazing this can feel for parents or grandparents.
- On a similar note, visualise yourself being able to move heavy objects around your home or lift sizeable things like water cans or suitcases without fearing the worst.
This is what strength training helps you achieve: a practical, purposeful way to become a better and more reliable version of yourself.
You will transform how you look and feel through strength training, regular practice, and experienced guidance. As a result, you will grow more and more capable of relying on your body without experiencing aches and pains.
After all, there is nothing stronger than self-confidence, which can only come when you become physically self-dependent.